The famous artist from Stara Zagorje, Academician Svetlozar Nedev, organized and held a month of cultural, historical and natural heritage in the municipality of Opan under the motto « My Homeland » for the « Hristo Botev » Secondary School in the village of Opan. During the month, the following took place:
– four creative workshops in which the children got to know their past, natural features, folklore traditions, customs and costumes of the region and transformed and preserved them in paintings;
– children’s art festival with an exhibition of children’s works reflecting the cultural and historical heritage, traditions and customs in the municipality of Opan.
Presentation of the project
The project was implemented in the village of Opan, municipality of Opan. The children’s art festival with the exhibition and the creative workers took place with the students in the village of Opan. The event aroused strong interest and desire to participate in a large number of children, from whom two groups of twenty children were formed in each creative workshop. All participants in the creative workshops enriched their knowledge of the local cultural heritage and folklore and got acquainted with various painting techniques. There were 4 creative workshops:
– landscape painting: the participants got to know old typical houses in the settlement, which they turned into their drawings. They learned in a fascinating way important features of landscape painting;
– naturalistic painting: students got to know the history of burial mounds in the municipality of Opan and learned techniques for painting natural landscapes;
– abstract painting: the children learned how, through this approach, to create landscapes and reflect the cultural and historical heritage in the municipality;
– cultural – historical and folklore traditions: the participants in the workshop got to know the local folklore customs, traditions, costumes, after which they recreated them in their paintings.
To fulfill the main goal of the project, drawing materials were purchased for each of the creative workshops and for the children’s art festival with the exhibition, sound equipment for conducting the children’s art festival and advertising materials for the presentation and promotion of the activity and the results of the project.
The main objective of the project « Open for Opan » is to encourage the inclusion of the local population in common initiatives to preserve and popularize the local cultural, historical and natural heritage in the municipality of Opan.
The specific objectives of the project were:
– revealing the richness of the local cultural, historical and natural heritage by organizing and holding a month of cultural, historical and natural heritage in the municipality of Opan under the motto « My homeland »;
– promotion and preservation of the local cultural, historical and natural heritage in the municipality of Opan by organizing creative art workshops and a children’s art festival with an exhibition;
– increasing public interest through the exhibition of children’s works, reflecting the cultural and historical heritage, traditions and customs in the municipality of Opan.
The project « Open for Opan » is tailored and fully prepared in accordance with the set goals for the provision of non-grant financial assistance under sub-measure 7.1 « The territory of MiG Galabovo – Opan unites us » of the Strategy for VOMR of SNC « MIG GALABOVO-OPAN ».
Emblematic character of the project
The project is a priority for LEADER and in our strategy, because children and their development are a priority of society and LAG will work in their interest. Children are always and traditionally at the center of Bulgarian values. This is not a small amount to begin with, but more actions follow from our side, this is the foundation we intend to build on.
Childhood loneliness is becoming a new social problem. The project aims to improve the child’s development with the help of art, reveal and promote creative potential, improve motor-motor functions, develop heuristic problem-solving skills, promote self-expression, engage problem children and therapy through art, get to know different cultures forms, promoting tolerance.
With the implementation of the project proposal and learning of different painting techniques, getting to know the richness of the local cultural, historical and natural heritage, positive relationships with peers and social skills encouraged through play and entertainment were also built.
The project can be implemented in other places in Bulgaria and in Europe, thus contributing on a larger scale to improving the development of children.
It can be developed as a cooperation project under sub-measure 19.3 « Preparation and implementation of cooperation activities of local initiative groups » of measure 19 « Community-led local development » of the 2014-2020 PRDP.
Together we can handle anything and we mustn’t forget that.
« ATELIER 1 FOR CULTURE AND ART » Foundation
LAG Galabovo – Opan